Task 3, ‘1X5’

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 12.41.07

Reflection

I found this task to be relatively straight forward. After carrying out some research behind colour schemes in relation to theme and genre, colour correcting and grading the shot to signify a different themes and/or genres was simple. I enjoyed learning and adapting my skills regarding Premiere Pro, as I had never used it before starting this module, and therefore I feel that I have learnt a lot.

Evaluation

My finished task reflects the brief accurately as I have successfully produced an edited sequence, that includes five duplicates of a single shot, colour corrected and graded to signify at the following different themes and/or genres; Action film, Tension, Science Fiction, Neautrality and calm, Noir. As well as this, I have ensured that all shots are Legal in terms of White Balance, Contrast and Saturation. I found Science Fiction to be the most challenging of all the themes/genres as I personally have not watched many Science Fiction pieces. This meant that I had to conduct further research into the genre in order to gain an understanding of colour scheme. The music I chose to accompany the video fits the timing of the video well as well as shifting in tone during the ‘calm and neutrality’ clip which I felt was suitable.