Task 5, ‘Untranslatable’

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 14.56.50

https://vimeo.com/212258052

Reflection

I enjoyed this task to combine all of the skills I have learnt in the previous four tasks to communicate a complex concept, because I particularly like filming and editing my own content. My group chose to focus on the word Mokita — (New Guinean) The truth everyone knows but nobody talks about. In order to communicate this term, we chose to address domestic violence as we felt this is often a taboo topic that people are reluctant to talk about.

Evaluation

Our finished project reflects the brief to combine all of the skills we have learnt in the previous four tasks to communicate a complex concept. We have successfully colour corrected our video with basic colour corrections and HSL secondary to correct the skin tone, and also used the colour scheme to reflect mood and genre. For example, towards the end of the video we have made the colours appear dull in order to reflect the protagonists emotion. As well as this, we recorded some of our own sounds included in the video including the sound of the phone, knocking on the door, the sound of one character hitting the other, and the final sound of the door closing. Our final video is 2 minutes 14 seconds which slightly exceeds the time scale. Similarly to task two, we struggled to condense all of our footage while still successfully communicating the message.