Task 1

final

Reflection

I have enjoyed this task and enjoyed carrying out the research behind it. I believe that my final piece is a successful simplified minimal movie poster. The red background of the poster reflects the colour of the car ‘Grease Lightening’ in the the movie Grease. As well as this, I have included a lightening bolt, which not only connotes the phrase ‘Grease Lightening’, an iconic song featured in this musical, but it is also featured on the side of the car in the film. Finally, the incorporation of the films logo begins to communicate to the audience relevant information.

Evaluation

My product meets the brief as I have successfully created a simplified minimal movie poster that begins to communicate the narrative of a well known film. The poster connotes the car ‘Grease Lightening’ that is an iconic component of the film. As well this, I have included some minimalist typography, after taking on board a comment regarding my previous design. This begins to relay information regarding the movie while conjointly fitting the criteria. I trust that my poster begins to communicate the narrative of the well known film Grease as signifies many iconic features of the film.

One thought on “Task 1”

1. The 2 figures show a contrast between the 2 characters. Although I haven’t seen Grease, I get the idea the movie is about dancing because of the outlines of the characters. Also the contrast between the 2 characters show the stereotypical concepts between a man and a woman which is shown through the colouring nicely.
    The improvement I would suggest is making sure the poster has some type of typography as it was one of the criteria for the poster. But overall I can see the idea you were going for.